Trick-or-Treat Paper City Halloween Craft

I’ve been so busy for the last two weeks, I haven’t had time to make many new crafts, so we printed out the Paper City style trick-or-treat scene from last year. The fall leaves were so nice in our yard today, the kids took the paper people outside to practice up on their trick-or-treat lines. So if you want a little Halloween project, feel free to print out the PDF template below. Happy October!

Template: Click on the image below, then print.

Click here for simple instructions on how to make a little Halloween Box Scene with your printout.

1. October 17, 2011 at 12:16 am

good idea! TY :)

2. Ysthar
    October 17, 2011 at 12:56 am

Nice!! Am doing some witches, wolves and pirates for my son and I will mix them with your Halloween box scene :0) I love your ideas :0* Kisses from Spain

1. Patricia Ágreda Ferrán
      October 17, 2011 at 6:56 am

Hola Ysthar! Me encanta ver tu frase "Kisses from Spain"!!! Es tan español lo de despedirse con besos, que es graciosísimo cuando intentamos algo parecido en inglés, a que sí? Un beso (o one kiss), Patricia

3. October 17, 2011 at 7:08 am

Wow - thanks for this. I can hardly wait to make one with my grandson.

4. October 17, 2011 at 7:53 am

Yesterday we used your "branch trees" idea to make a Halloween scene! We are filling our miniature forest with monsters and ghosts, and hanging tiny paper bats from the trees. I'll have to print out these paper trick-or-treaters!

1. October 17, 2011 at 9:49 am

Thanks everybody! Maiz - Awesome idea! You've got to send me a photo of that. I should definitely do that with the kids too. I've still got the branch tree toy on the top of my shelf. Perfect!

5. October 18, 2011 at 3:06 am

[...] dem Blog made by Joel gibt es eine Vorlage für diese trick or [...]

6. October 18, 2011 at 6:30 am

These are so charming! I love your illustration style. Lots of inspiration for a trick or treating play... my son would love this idea.

7. Yifat
    October 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm

My kids (5 and 3 years old) saw it and immediately wanted to make it. They enjoyed it very much though we don't have halloween here. It has its own magic regardless of context. Thank you, Yifat

8. Carmen
    October 18, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Love these! Will add them to our collection:)

9. October 22, 2011 at 4:06 am

[...] hoy  con los preciosos diseños de papel de Made by Joel. Éstos para Halloween.. muy simpáticos y muy muy  bonitos!! ( os hablamos de sus diseños [...]

10. October 23, 2011 at 6:52 am

[...] by Joel shares his Paper City trick-or-treat scene (shown above). Print it out from the site’s template on recycled paper for instant [...]

11. October 23, 2011 at 11:30 am

[...] In a previous post, he shows you how to create an entire trick-or-treat scene in a box. Visit his Halloween Craft Paper Printout Page to make one with your [...]

12. October 23, 2011 at 11:32 am

Hi Joel, I love your artistic take on kids and Halloween cats! I can't wait to make these little trick-or treat boxes and scenes with my kids! Just posted about this on CraftGossip! Congrats on the book as wel! http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=4928

13. October 23, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Awesome! Love your new blog template by the way!

14. October 23, 2011 at 10:09 pm

[...] Trick or Treat Halloween Paper Crafts from Made By Joel [...]

15. October 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm

[...] Petite scène d’Halloween à découper sur Made by Joel : [...]

16. October 28, 2011 at 9:00 am

[...] of Made by Joel always makes the best paper cities and characters on his site and I especially love his [...]

17. October 31, 2011 at 12:52 am

[...] did this myself (idea from Made by Joel) and she plays with it! / Je l’ai fait moi-meme (idee de Made by Joel) [...]

18. October 31, 2011 at 1:38 am

[...] Halloween Paper City von Made by Joel [...]

19. Jackie
    October 31, 2011 at 2:59 am

Hi Joel, So has we speak my three year old is having 'quite time' in his bedroom with these cute little characters! I can hear him making up stories as he goes. Thanks again - you are amazing! xxoo

20. November 3, 2011 at 12:06 am

[...] в шутку. Эту мысль я поддерживаю. Наша поделка по распечаткам от Made by [...]

21. November 12, 2011 at 10:26 am

This gives me new idea for decorating the bookshelves in my house! ;)

22. June 17, 2012 at 10:10 pm

[...] crafts are designed and built by Joel and Alexa. You can download the paper craft toy from here: Trick-Or-Treat Halloween Box Scene Free Paper Craft Download For this paper model, we recommend that you use the material (Paper, Paint, Glue, etc.) to make. [...]

23. Mika
    September 28, 2012 at 1:40 am

Hi Joel, my class loves your paper city ideas! We've been using it in our classrooms for almost 2 weeks now. I've been wondering though, if you have a paper city theme for Christmas? :) Christmas is such a huge deal here in the Philippines, that's why. Would love to add them to our collection. Thanks Joel, love your ideas! Awesome! :)

1. September 28, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thanks Mika! Yes, I would like to make a Christmas paper city for sure. Until then, I do have a fun Christmas (and Hanukkah) Paper Dressy Cats set. Here's the link: http://madebyjoel.com/2011/11/dressy-cats-winter-holiday-sets-for-hanukkah-and-christmas.html

2. Mika
      October 1, 2012 at 7:47 am

Awesome! By then we'll be reviewing the letter "C". Cats and Christmas. Perfect! Thanks Joel!

24. October 23, 2012 at 3:40 am

[...] Trick or treat scene from Made by Joel [...]

25. October 25, 2012 at 1:18 pm

[...] Trick or Treat paper city from Made by Joel [...]

26. Terry
    October 26, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Teresa .. My 5 year old grandson insisted we find a way for the cat to go up and down the tree trunk ...so we added a bead on a string to the trunk (with hole at top and bottom )tied in the back...put cat on the bead with a zot ..and now the cat goes up and down the tree aren't kids wonderful ..they imagine the possibilities...thanks again Joel , for sharing your creativity with us all...Logans Mimi

1. October 26, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Brilliant idea! Oh boy, I've got to try that. Yes, it's so fun to see what kids come up with. Genius!

27. le monde d'Is
    January 18, 2013 at 8:53 am

je n'ai pas encore eu le temps de tout voir, mais, décidément, j'adore !... je cherche des freebies sur le Net pour les partager, pour l'instant sur Pinterest, en attendant l'ouverture de mon propre site dans quelques mois (il doit y avoir environ 15000 liens vers des téléchargements gratuits pour l'instant !...) où je proposerai mes créations et celles d'autres créateurs que j'apprécie et vous y figurerez sans nul doute !... j'aime votre style et vos idées, et vos créations sont aussi très inspirantes (ce qui est plus rare...)... merci de partager aussi généreusement votre travail... amicalement; Is... si vous voulez voir ce que je fais, c'est là : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/ (plusieurs de vos créations y figurent déjà, notamment sur les boards "paper toys" et "coloriages")

28. October 8, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Hi! We featured some of your Halloween ideas on our blog today. I absolutely LOVE your blog and all your great ideas! Thank you for sharing! http://www.feltwithlovedesigns.com/2013/10/08/links-with-love-made-by-joel-halloween/

1. October 8, 2013 at 2:33 pm

What a kind post! Thanks so much. And happy Halloween!

29. December 16, 2013 at 1:49 pm