Dinosaur Music Video for Kids

I just finished shooting this music video for my sister Lori’s new Dinosaur song. Feel free to watch it with your kids!

It was really fun to make! And I’m also finishing up a Dinosaur Paper City set to go with it. Should be done in a day or two!

You can see my wild setup in the photo below. I had to rig up a big roll of paper on a pole so I could make the long continuous drawing.

1. Deb H.
    November 20, 2013 at 10:07 am

WAY COOL! I will watch this with my grands, for sure!

2. Patricia Ágreda Ferrán
    November 20, 2013 at 11:09 am

You're such a great team!!! I love your work. Do you know, Joel, what's the most amazing thing in this case? Have been able to watch you drawing at the same time you're doing it!!!! Woooow, fascinating... the artist "on the air". Thanks a lot. I draw you plenty of little kisses :) Patricia

1. November 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Thanks Patricia! Too kind!

3. November 20, 2013 at 6:39 pm

We absolutely love the video. Great to see you "at work". My little girl (4yrs) loves drawing and and cutting and creating her own puppets and places for them to stay in. When she saw you drawing she only said: "Wow, he draws nicely. I want to draw dinosaurs too." Thank you for your work and inspiration! Manja

1. November 21, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Thanks Manja! That's the best compliment - inspiring kids to get their pen out and draw!

4. November 21, 2013 at 1:18 am

[...] wunderbar! Mögen eure Kinder Dinos auch so gern?! Dann ist dieses Musikvideo von Joel Henriques (Made by Joel) zur Musik seiner Schwester Lori Henriques genau das Richtige! Schaut, genießt und bekommt Lust zu [...]

5. Nilu
    November 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm

that was so awesome Joel!! I can't wait to show my little girls(they are asleep right now). What a cool set-up you have for filming it..Any plans of doing a coloring page from your dinosaur sketch...We love all your coloring pages..I love the song and your sisters singing, too! Nilu

1. November 21, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Thanks Nilu!! And yes, I just now posted a paper city set. Here you go! http://madebyjoel.com/2013/11/dinosaur-music-video-paper-city.html

6. December 3, 2013 at 8:03 pm

[...] j’ai été captivée par le film musical Dinosaur Song sur le blog Made by [...]

7. December 7, 2013 at 8:21 am

my daughter loved this! and i am quite impressed with your tree-drawing abilities. inspiring. something i could actually attempt to recreate. ;)

1. December 7, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Thanks Emily! Yeah, I love coming up with ways to draw things as simple as possible! Challenging to get a good design, but very easy to draw once the design is figured out. Fun!

8. December 18, 2013 at 11:25 pm

[...] can learn more about the making of this video here, and grab the templates to make your own Paper City Dinosaur [...]

9. January 6, 2014 at 12:27 am

Hello, Joe, from Moscow, Russia! What a wonderful blog! Thank you for sharing your creative gifts!

10. March 16, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I am so very happy I stumble upon your website. Say to Lori she has to compose more songs, it was just a lovely song the one of the dinosaurs and the video, very very inspiring, as the whole site. You might like the work of a dutch illustrator, Wouter Van Reek. There are some animations based on his characters, look for Eckstein und Krawinkel in Youtube, You will have a nice surprise. Thanks again for your lovely site. I will keep on touch.

1. March 21, 2014 at 9:38 am

Hi Isabel! Thank you so much for the kind comment. And wow, I love the Wouter Van Reek and Eckstein und Krawinkel! Thanks so much for showing me. I'm going to sit down and watch some of those videos later. Very cool style! Very glad you found my site. Yes, keep in touch!

11. Jane
    June 10, 2014 at 7:44 am

This was such a treat to watch. I love the flow of your drawing, no hesitating. Looks like such fun. Been looking a your site for a while just now stopped to watch the video.--JD

1. June 10, 2014 at 8:42 am

Thanks Jane!!

12. September 24, 2014 at 12:10 pm

[…] (and bitterly cold) day by providing some art materials. I had also come across a dinosaur song on Made by Joel and played it for Cutie Pie, who was completely intrigued by the way Joel illustrated the song […]

13. November 10, 2014 at 3:22 pm

14. December 1, 2014 at 4:13 am

[…] wunderbar! Mögen eure Kinder Dinos auch so gern?! Dann ist dieses Musikvideo von Joel Henriques (Made by Joel) zur Musik seiner Schwester Lori Henriques genau das Richtige! Schaut, genießt und bekommt Lust zu […]