Earth Day Kids Crafts and Toys with Repurposed Materials

Making your own toys from things around the house is a fantastic way to help the planet. Very low carbon footprint, and when you’re done playing with them, they can even be recycled. Here’s a little round-up of some favorite earth-friendly projects.

Happy Earth Day!

Recycled Denim Ball

Tin Can Telephones

Wall Hanging Box Aquarium

Cereal Box Marble Run

Cereal Box Dollhouse

Earth Day Coloring Sheet

1. April 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I love that marble run. We make a lot of toys out of cardboard around here too. Currently, we have three small houses for my daughter's stuffed animals - she likes to furnish them with things made out of Duplos. We also use egg cartons for doll furniture, and lately for bird feeders outside.

2. April 17, 2012 at 5:12 pm

love these ideas, and many many more from your website. i've linked this from my blog because it was too good not to share. thanks so much.

3. April 18, 2012 at 8:29 am

Realy great this marble run ! Do you mind if I translate this idea for french readers on my blog, indicating your authership?

1. April 18, 2012 at 8:41 am

Thanks everyone! Sinje - Yes, that would be great! Thanks!

4. April 18, 2012 at 9:38 am

These are Rad Joel, The Marble run and doll house are right up our street. We've been making little scenes using the corner of a box as a sort of stage. Humpty dumpty does a particularly good job of falling off the wall of this corner. I'm thinking we need to have a go at furnishing our corner with some modernist cardboard furniture:) Thanks

1. April 18, 2012 at 9:41 am

Oh yeah, and the aquarium, that's definitely going to to get a look in:)

5. April 24, 2012 at 9:01 am

I love them all!!

6. April 24, 2012 at 10:24 am

[...] Earth Day Kids Crafts and Toys With Repurposed Materials by Made by Joel [...]

7. April 26, 2012 at 7:03 am

the aquarium is fantastic... as all your creations! I love your style, so essential! We brought on holiday your paper city... thank you very much!!