Martha Stewart TV Show!

I’m really excited (and a little nervous) to say that I’m flying to New York on Monday to be a guest on the Martha Stewart TV show! I’m going to be making dollhouses and dollhouse furniture with Martha. I’ll be in the studio for two days. The first to set up and practice, the second to film. I’ll let you know how it goes, and wish me luck!

1. Jen
    October 7, 2011 at 8:45 am

Joel, I'm a huge fan! Martha will love you! Keep us posted about your experience... And have Fun! Http://www.foundobjectbeachart.wordpress.com

2. October 7, 2011 at 9:01 am

Congratulations! That's so wonderful. Good luck and have fun lots of fun.

3. October 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

Good luck, have fun! P.S. - like the new site look. :)

4. October 7, 2011 at 10:00 am

I recently came across your blog/facebook page and have become enamoured by your creativity and the beautiful execution of projects. I recently printed several of your coloring sheets, and when I brought them home for my 2.5 year old she said "Ooooo. Pretty." and we proceeded to color together. Anyway, thanks for sharing such wonderful inspiration. The Martha show is a great place for you to showcase your work to an audience that might not (?) otherwise see it. Congratulations on this exciting opportunity. Be yourself and you'll do great (I think, although, not knowing you, don't hold me to that)!

5. October 7, 2011 at 10:00 am

That's great news! Tell me you'll be there on Wednesday. I live in NYC and have tickets to her show. I would be reeeeally happy if I got to see your cool stuff in real life! Good luck!

1. October 7, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Yes, I'm shooting Wednesday, but it's supposedly an at-home dad special, and all 190 audience members are at-home dads. Maybe they're doing two shows that day?

6. Meredith
    October 7, 2011 at 10:45 am

Good luck! I was on a couple of years ago to show Martha how to make shadow puppets. I hate public speaking and was super nervous, but it was definitely a worthwhile experience and I'm glad I did it. What a trip! You'll be great. Can't wait to see the episode.

1. October 7, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Wow, cool! I'd love to see that episode!

2. Meredith
      October 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm

The Craft Dept. keeps all of the craft tutorial segments online in their archives. You can watch the shadow puppets here: http://www.marthastewart.com/264587/shadow-puppets . Be sure to post your link so we can all watch!

1. October 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Wow, you were awesome Meredith! And very, very cool shadow puppets. Also, thanks for that great link of resources. Cool!

7. Patricia Ágreda Ferrán
    October 7, 2011 at 11:00 am

Hurray Joel!!! Tons of good luck for you :) You'll do incredible, I'm sure.

8. millie
    October 7, 2011 at 11:13 am

lovely! have fun!

9. October 7, 2011 at 11:44 am

Wow! So exciting! Keep us posted on when it airs!

10. October 7, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Wow! Congratulations! Enjoy the moment - I'm looking forward to reading about how it went!

11. October 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm

see what happens when one is talented and when one likes what one does, good things happen. congratulations! to meet martha stewart, to me, would be a penultimate experience.

12. October 7, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Good luck! You'll be great!

13. October 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm

GO MINIS!! So cool that you are doing this! CONGRATS!!

14. Flunatje
    October 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Waaaw! Good luck ;)

15. October 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Well I guess I'll have to set my DVR... do you know the air date? Oh and CONGRATS!!!!!!

16. October 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Good luck! You'll do great, you rule! I hope it's lots of fun. Say hi to Martha for me :)

17. October 7, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Thanks everybody! Yeah, I'll for sure let you know the air date when I find out. Until then, I'll at least let you know how it went, once I've finished. Should be pretty exciting!

18. Blanca
    October 8, 2011 at 6:47 am

Wow!! Congratulations and good luck!!! I wish we could watch the show from abroad. Please post any link afterwards. Enjoy it!!!!

19. October 8, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Congrats on the Martha Stewart Show booking! I found your blog through a subscriber to my blog - ARTiculation360. Best of luck! Tim

20. October 8, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the segment!

21. cristina
    October 9, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Joel, Adán and I wish you all the best and more! You will R.O.C.K. on the Martha Stewart show! Woo-Hoo! You are The Man! have a great time. relax. have fun. cristina and adán of the southwest

22. October 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm

SO EXCITING! I've blogged about your dollhouse and your backyard playhouse on my blog about modern miniatures. Your work is so cool, and you've inspired me with ideas to build stuff for my own kids. Can't wait to see you on Martha and how many more people you can inspire. Good luck!

23. October 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

Congratulations! You inspire me so much to look with different eyes to all the toys outhere. And to avoid all those traps a first time parent can fall into.

24. October 10, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Many many congratulations. I don't think you'll need any luck. Have a fabulous time.

25. October 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm

A huge congratulations! And my copy of Made to Play arrived today. It's hard to keep focused on work when what I really want to do is explore your book.

26. shari
    October 14, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I don't know you for Adam Joel. I'm just a friend of a friend btu wanted to wish you well. I look forward to hearing how it goes. xo shari