Paper City Circus!

A couple of weeks ago I finished some circus paintings for a pediatric dentist’s office here in Portland. After they were done, I thought the designs would translate well to a circus themed Paper City. So here it is – Paper City Circus!

My kids liked the idea too. Especially our almost two year old who loves roaring like a lion. Nice!

All of the printable templates are below. And I’d love to see your colored in versions if you’d like to post a photo on the Made by Joel Facebook Page.

Hope you enjoy the big top show!

Click on the images below, then print.

If you’d like to take a look at the original paintings, you can click on the image below.

1. May 24, 2013 at 3:06 am

[...] Love Joel’s circus and can’t wait until C is ready for this kind of [...]

2. hatav
    May 24, 2013 at 6:36 am
  3. May 24, 2013 at 8:15 am

Oh goodness, your kids are getting so big. The circus playset is terrific:)Jana @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering

4. May 24, 2013 at 11:34 pm

We love it ! Thanks a lot !

5. May 25, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Joel, The paintings are rad! Of course the paper cities are great, but I love the colours in the paintings! I also love the dude in the hot air balloon. Just hanging out doing his thing in an awesome hat. (reading too much into it? Possibly.)

6. May 26, 2013 at 12:51 pm

These are great! And so are your paintings, btw. But I can't wait to have my kid color these in. I'm sure they'll be on coffee table display for a long, long time.... or at least until my 1yo chews them.

7. May 27, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Thanks everybody! I'm embroidering a tee shirt with the unicycle guy on it right now. should be pretty sweet!

8. May 28, 2013 at 9:37 am
  9. June 1, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Love all your artwork, always! especially your colouring sheets (that is how we spell in Australia) which I use with 4 to 6 year olds Can you please head me in the right direction re making a simple shape drawing into something that can be printed out for preschool teachers? I have got a clue where to start. I can do the drawing but not sure what to do next.

1. June 1, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Lesley. And yes, after you do the drawing, you need to scan it, then turn it into a PDF. If you don't have a scanner, and happen to have an iPhone, then I would suggest downloading an app called TurboScan. (I have nothing to do with them, but it's a pretty nifty app.) You just hold your phone over your drawing and snap 3 photos, then it turns it into a perfect black and white scan and pops out a PDF, which you can have emailed automatically to yourself. If you don't have an iPhone or similar, then you'll need a scanner, and it's a bit more technical.

10. June 2, 2013 at 5:35 am

Thanks so much Joel for this helpful and prompt reply. Cheers!

11. June 3, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Just discovered your blog through Joy Cho's book, Blog Inc! Can't believe it's taken me so long to find you! I'm an art teacher/mom who is always looking for fun new things to do with my students and children. Thanks!

1. June 4, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Awesome! Thanks for writing the kind note Christine. Glad you got Joy's book!

12. June 7, 2013 at 10:46 am

Thank you for sharing :) I play circus with my daughter and it was fun :) I wrote about it on my blog http://aeljot.blogspot.com/2013/05/papierowy-cyrk.html

1. June 7, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Excellent! I love all of the great photos you took of the circus making. Thanks for sharing!!

13. June 13, 2013 at 3:49 pm

[...] you’re done drinking, print out this cute Paper Circus by the genius Joel @ Made By Joel. He’s got loads of other awesome paper printables that can [...]

14. July 5, 2013 at 5:27 am

[...] this summer, make sure you check out Made by Joel’s archives of printable toys. Perhaps a paper circus or Oscillating Bird Science [...]

15. July 5, 2013 at 7:24 pm

[...] thought this printable by Made by Joel was really appropriate considering it’s theme. To get the kiddies even more geared up for [...]

16. September 25, 2013 at 11:30 pm

[...] Un jeu de cirque sympathique pour amuser les enfants (voir même les plus grands :) à télécharger gratuitement sur le joli blog de Made By Joel. [...]

17. November 13, 2013 at 1:35 pm

[...] He’s adorable. DIY Tutorial: Circus Paper City by Made by Joel – free! – blog here We have used a number of Joel’s tutorials now and they are all great. You could make a [...]

18. November 17, 2013 at 9:14 am

They are very nice! Thank you!

19. December 28, 2013 at 2:27 pm

[...] just add this one picture of these paper toys you can download and make with your young child. You really should just go on over there if you [...]

20. February 1, 2014 at 1:28 pm

[...] Inspiration and downloads from this Madebyjoel. Awesome collage artist Suzanna Scott of Sushipot shows off her Vintage Mother Goose Circus, fun. [...]

21. June 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm

[…] días mirando la web de arriba abajo y creo que, para empezar, voy a probar con un recortable: Paper City Circus! Simplemente hay que imprimir los dibujos de Joel, colorearlos, recortarlos y vuestros hijos […]

22. July 14, 2014 at 4:15 am

[…] W deszczową sobotę bawiliśmy się w CYRK. Podstawą jest wydrukowanie rysunków Joela Henriguesa. PLIK do POBRANIA <kliknij> […]