Holiday Gift Tag Templates

My kids love wrapping and decorating presents. So in preparation for the winter holidays, I thought it would be fun to make some gift tags that they could cut out or color. I also teamed up with Lisa Mundorff, who is a children’s book illustrator and very clever holiday card creator over at Dear Ida. She made some sweet tags that my kids wish they could eat. Nice!

Happy wrapping!

Click on the images below, then print.

1. November 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm

These are so wonderful!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

2. November 16, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Those are all awesome! Thank you! I love the reindeer cat one!! IT's my favorite :)

1. November 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Thanks! Yeah, the reindeer cat with the candy cane tail is my son's favorite too. While I was drawing these, he was next to me, and looking over and drawing them too. That's always the best compliment. ha.

2. Laura
      November 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I agree, the reindeer cat is the best! So cute!

3. emily
    November 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm

the Jews, Joel. The Jews!!!

1. November 16, 2011 at 2:33 pm

ha, I know. I tried to make most of them multi-holiday friendly, but I had to put santa and a tree in there.

4. November 16, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Oh I LOVE them! I had looked at some tags on another website and almost most printed them but they were not near as creative. I plan on printing these and then allowing my kids color them in as an added touch!!

5. cristina
    November 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Oh.... I love these Joel! This will be a great "cousin" activity for Adán and Ruby to do together. By the way I cut out felt shapes and colors for Ruby last week. Being the radical, nearly 3 year old (3 wks, to go) little gal she is, she cried out, "I want to make a shape sidewalk to step on..." and she did! life is good!

6. Elizabeth
    November 16, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Have you ever considered making your images into rubber stamps for paper crafting...eg: for card making??? Love your images and style!

1. November 17, 2011 at 8:42 am

Thanks Elizabeth. Yeah, I've always thought it would be fun to make rubber stamps. I should look into how to do that sometime. Thanks!!

7. November 17, 2011 at 9:11 am

Awesome! Thanks Joel! These would be fun to use with my 2 year old daughter on Christmas presents this year.

8. Michele
    November 17, 2011 at 9:16 am

These are wonderful!! I cannot wait to use them with my daughter!

9. November 17, 2011 at 11:11 pm

[...] anda tinggal print dan gunting sesuai gambar template ini. Gift tags ini bisa anda dapatkan di “made by joel” secara gratis. Untuk hasil yang lebih memuaskan, lebih baik gift tags ini di print di kertas yang [...]

10. November 23, 2011 at 11:01 am

Thank you - love love!! Just shared these on my blog.

11. November 27, 2011 at 2:01 am

[...] Holiday Gift Tag Templates :: Made by Joel [...]

12. December 1, 2011 at 5:00 am

[...] And I don't know about you, but as I start to wrap my presents, put bows on them, and identify them with tags, I'm always frustrated at the store-bought gift tags out there. Sure they're convenient, but they're not that attractive for the most part. This year I'm going to try and get ahead of the game and make my own, or better yet, print these pre-made ones from Made by Joel. [...]

13. December 8, 2011 at 10:24 am

[...] up one of Joel’s Paper City designs. As soon as I saw Joel’s holiday designs on printable gift tags. I knew I wanted to stitch them on some little gift bags. Joel gave me permission – so here I [...]

14. December 13, 2011 at 10:54 am

These are so charming!

15. December 14, 2011 at 6:11 am

[...] crafts, toys and little projects for his kids and all his projects are pretty awesome!  Head to Made by Joel for these cool gift [...]

16. EB
    December 20, 2011 at 7:47 am

Thank you so much for giving these! I printed these onto Stardream card stock and they look perfect on the gifts under my tree. These are much appreciated!

1. December 22, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thanks everyone! EB - Cool! Glad they were useful! Our kids had fun cutting these out and writing their cousins names on them for the gifts too. Then they started to paint and draw their own gift tags too. Nice!

17. December 20, 2011 at 8:35 pm

[...] little Christmas Cat from the Holiday gift tags got the job of posing for my sister Lori’s little piano holiday album, “Playing for [...]

18. December 21, 2011 at 11:49 am

[...] one/two/three GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_bg", "ffffff"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_border", "dddddd"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_text", "333333"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_link", "990000"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_url", "990000"); GA_googleAddAttr("LangId", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "design"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "life"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "christmas-gift-tags"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "downloadable-gift-tags"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "holidays"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "made-by-joel-gift-tags"); GA_googleFillSlot("wpcom_sharethrough"); Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

19. December 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm

[...] if you still have some wrapping to do, here are some super gift tag templates from Made by [...]

20. December 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I am a big fan of your site! I am so going to include this in my 'must-do's for Christmas! Happy holidays :)

21. le monde d'Is
    February 15, 2013 at 1:06 am

j'adore ! elles sont là : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/christmas-gift-tags-freebies/

22. April 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm

[...] do you get when you combine Joel’s Free Holiday Gift Tag printable with my Free Goody Bag [...]

23. Charmaine
    October 17, 2013 at 2:16 am

Hi Joel, I really like your raindeers. Can i use them in my customer message card? Charmaine

1. October 17, 2013 at 10:28 am

Hi Charmaine. Yes, you can use the image as long as you give credit somewhere on the cards. ("Image from madebyjoel.com) Thanks! Joel

24. November 22, 2013 at 7:01 am

[...] Holiday Gift Tags [...]

25. Kerry
    December 16, 2013 at 10:24 am

I Love these! I wish I could print them in a green and a blue as well!

26. February 26, 2014 at 6:32 am