Fall Colors for the Dollhouse

The kids have been really excited to see beautiful yellow leaves starting to fall in the yard, and they wanted to collect some for the dollhouse. My son also found a small nut shell and some seeds, and made this really cool miniature bowl that we put on one of the tables. Always great to use nature objects for toys! Another thing that would be fun and simple to try, is gathering some fall twigs to make some pretty branch trees. Happy fall everyone!

1. September 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Wow, that is just awesome!

2. September 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm

This reminded me of some fairy pans made from buckeyes that we found a year or so ago. They pictures are here, (http://artteajannell.blogspot.com/2010/09/buckeye-fairy-pans.html) and the tools are one post after that one. artteajannell.blogspot.com

3. September 28, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I love your doll house! Happy new year! Neomi

4. September 28, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Can I please move in to that dollhouse? Too cute!

5. aVelvetLeaf
    September 29, 2011 at 5:36 am

The coolest dollhouse I have ever seen! How fun to have an evolving family project....

6. September 29, 2011 at 7:49 am

These are wonderful (and Jannelle- I am CRAZY about your fairy pans!) We like using walnut shells and acorn caps in our dollhouse, too. Sometimes I like to sand a flat patch on the bottom to keep them from rolling around too much, and I also like to glue some rice grains or sesame seeds in them so that they look like full bowls of food. Now, if only we had fall foliage!

1. September 29, 2011 at 8:58 am

OOOH, the rice is a good idea. My girls would love that. Maybe some shelled corn too? Jannell artteajannell.blogspot.com

7. September 29, 2011 at 10:46 am

Thanks everybody! Jannell - Wow, those are totally awesome fairy pans. My kids will love those! Good idea on the rice too, Maiz. This stuff is so fun!

8. September 29, 2011 at 3:39 pm

That's adorable. It's the most stylish doll's house I've ever seen. Looks like your son is going to have your creative skills.

9. sammi
    October 4, 2011 at 8:46 am

this is so beautiful. you should have a category for posts related to your dollhouse! I know you have one main post showcasing your dollhouse, but there are quite a few posts associated with it yes? just a suggestion! (plus it'll be easier for me to look at those posts next time too heh.)

1. October 8, 2011 at 11:55 am

Hey Sammi. I actually have a tag for "doll houses" that you can click on. Here's a link too: http://madebyjoel.com/tag/doll-houses

10. October 14, 2011 at 3:21 am

[...] leaves, a small nut shell and some seeds to use as decorations for his dolls’ house.  You can see the results on Joel’s website and very imaginative they are [...]