Art Show

I just had an opening reception for my art show at the Daily Cafe in Portland.  It was a great dinner party.  In addition to the art, I designed coloring sheets for kids.  If you want to try them out, download below.

Coloring Sheets: Click on the images below, then print.

1. SarahD
    March 4, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Stellar! Love the look of everything, especially the city scene and the birds :) Hope the show goes well.

2. fridica
    March 4, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Wow, Joel, the Bird Tree (and your other Trees, just had a look at them at your art website) are amazing! So magical...
    I do not tend to browse the internet for paintings, and rarely get crazy about ones I see, but if I had the money right now, I wouldn't spend a moment deliberating whether to buy your Tree paintings or not! This is such wonderful work (also, you got a great photo at the top of the post, makes the Tree look even warmer and just perfectly fitting into its environment).
    Cnongrats on your opening!
    Ivana

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Thank you very much! And Ivana, maybe we could make a trade someday. I love your beautiful mittens and hats. Amazing work!

4. Jenny Hillman
    March 4, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Bravo! And heck; even if the kids don't feel like coloring later, at least I will have something to keep ME busy!!
    :) Jenny

5. Stephanie
    March 5, 2010 at 2:07 am

thanks for always providing templates. i used your slotting building discs for a decoration piece for my window!

6. paperseed
    March 5, 2010 at 5:01 am

Cool work, Joel. I'll try and see if I can swing that way to view in person. :-)

7. Isa
    March 5, 2010 at 6:17 am

I love, love, love your work (I've been checking in on your art site, too). And I'm so excited about the drawing sheets for kids, I'll print them out right away. They are awesome. They remind me a bit of djeco puzzles. Very cool!

Good luck for the show!

xo

8. Christine
    March 5, 2010 at 7:36 am

I love your work!!!!

Christine
    (a new fan from Germany)

9. Bulles de lune
    March 5, 2010 at 11:39 am

wow i do love our art work! thanks for sharing the coloring sheets my girl is too little now to appreciate but i do lol!
    karine (from france)

10. shanghaicowgirl
    March 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Hi Joel - I've been following your website for awhile, great projects and great Daddy-ing! Thank you for the colouring pages. I'm wondering if I could use them for embroidery, not for sale, just for the family. They are awesome designs perfect for stitching. And I've bookmarked your art site for my family's move to our condo in the summer... so many blank walls to fill!

Michelle

March 5, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Shanghai Cowgirl, yeah sure, you can embroider those designs if you want, as long as they're for personal use and not being sold. Thanks!

Also, I want to see them when they're done! Cool idea!

12. Miranda
    March 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for the coloring pages, I adore them. My kiddos colored them today and now I get to admire them on out fridge. I blogged about you too, so check it out.

13. Holly
    March 6, 2010 at 12:55 am

Thanks, Joel. Cannot wait to share the coloring sheets with my son. Also, I love the bird painting...lovely.

14. September 10, 2011 at 8:51 am

[...] about what else I could do with them. I just finished making some new bird collages for an upcoming art show, so I scanned them and printed out smaller versions. Then cut them out, and wired them to the [...]

15. cinthia diaz